- Students (17 and younger) must successfully complete 36 periods of Classroom Instruction. Upon classroom completion, you will be given a completion certificate. This certificate needs to be given to the instructor before starting behind the wheel instruction.
- Students must complete 14 periods of Behind-the-Wheel Instruction (7 periods of driving and 7 periods of observation)
- Permits may be obtained at 15 years and 6 months by going to the DMV and taking the knowledge test to obtain your Learner's Permit.
- You must hold your Learner's Permit for 9 months, and be 16 years and 3 months old before you are eligible for your driver's license.
- Teens 17 and under are required to have a minimum of 45 hours of driving (30 daytime and 15 after sunset) with their parent/guardian.
- Parents must sign a statement on the Driving Certificate that certifies the student has completed the 45 hours of driving with a parent/guardian.